The Point-To-Point Recruits
The Point-To-Point Recruits 2018/19
By Jodie Standing
The vast majority of racing enthusiasts won’t see these horses until they appear on the track, but this book will give readers an edge before they make their debuts.
E-Book now available as the hard copy has sold out
Available to order now through our shop here for just £7.50 or 1.5 credits
The Jumps season means there’ll be a whole host of new potential stars about to break onto the racing scene, many of which will descend from the point-to-point ranks.
Jodie has trawled the length and breadths of the English and Irish point-to-point field and has unearthed many exciting recruits which are set to make their debuts under Rules in bumpers and novice hurdles for their new connections this season. She is focusing on their physical appearance, character and likely optimum racing conditions.
This book includes horses that have joined top yards such as Nicky Henderson, Paul Nicholls, Gordon Elliott, Willie Mullins and Colin Tizzard. Jodie also focuses on horses which will do well for smaller yards such as Michael Scudamore, Rose Dobbin, Jamie Snowden, Tim Vaughan and Fergal O’Brien.
In previous years Jodie has spotted and written about the early potential of many future stars including – most notably last season – Santini, Blackbow, Posh Trish, On The Blind Side, Carefully Selected and Brewin’Upastorm.
The Point-To-Point Recruits features:
• An in-depth analysis of 77 lightly raced horses.
• Of those names there are a hand-picked 20 with ‘Star Potential’ which Jodie believes will do especially well for their new connections.
• A mare which is being aimed at Cheltenham’s November Listed Bumper.
• An ex-Tom Lacey inmate who is described as ‘top drawer’.
• A Stowaway gelding who took three furlongs to pull up after winning impressively.
• A Willie Mullins’ trained gelding with the potential to develop into a leading bumper performer.
Irish point-to-points are vital nursery introductions and have paved the way for many of racing’s biggest names including – Denman, Florida Pearl, Best Mate, War Of Attrition and Imperial Commander, whilst most recently One For Arthur, Native River and Samcro have been flying the flag.
How to keep informed:
Subscribers to the Weekend Card will also receive regular updates on the horses she follows throughout the season.